ACE080 Hydrogeology lp4 VT21 (7.5 hp)
Course is offered by the department of Architecture and Civil Engineering
The overall aim of this course is to give the students an advanced understanding of hydrogeology in groundwater resource management in groundwater supply and infrastructure. In doing so, the focus of the course is primarily on groundwater hydraulics, design of groundwater abstraction and recharge systems, and resource protection.
Learning objectives and syllabus
- Develop a conceptual hydrogeological model of an aquifer.
- Plan, establish and perform an investigation program for hydraulic analysis of a groundwater aquifer.
- Perform a hydraulic analysis of a groundwater aquifer.
- Evaluate groundwater quality and quantity for water supply.
- Design a groundwater supply facility.
- Design a groundwater infiltration facility.
- Evaluate the protection need for a long-term sustainable use of groundwater resources.
Link to the syllabus on Studieportalen.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of course schedule and basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the 'Edit' link at the top.