ACE090 ACE090 Sustainable urban water engineering lp2 HT21 (7.5 hp)
Course is offered by the department of Architecture and Civil Engineering
...along with their contact details. If the course have external guest lecturers or such, give a brief description of their role and the company or similar they represent.
If needed, list administrative staff, along with their contact details.
Short description of the course purpose and content: can be copied from syllabus in Studieportalen. Additional information can be added.
List all mandatory literature, including descriptions of how to access the texts (e.g. Cremona, Chalmers Library, links).
Also list reference literature, further reading, and other non-mandatory texts.
Description of the course's learning activities; how they are implemented and how they are connected. This is the student's guide to navigating the course. Do not forget to give the student advice on how to learn as much as possible based on the pedagogy you have chosen. Often, you may need to emphasize concrete things like how often they should enter the learning space on the learning platform, how different issues are shared between supervisors, etc.
Provide a plan for
- laboratory work
Should contain a description of how the digital tools (Canvas and others) should be used and how they are organized, as well as how communication between teachers and students takes place (Canvas, e-mail, other).
Do not forget to describe any resources that students need to use, such as lab equipment, studios, workshops, physical or digital materials.
You should be clear how missed deadlines and revisions are handled.
Changes made since the last occasion
A summary of changes made since the last occasion.
Learning objectives and syllabus
- Understand the importance of water issues and environmental legislation to achieve sustainable development of urban infrastructure and construction.
- Design sampling and monitoring strategies, and select relevant measurement techniques, to determine and assess water and sediment quality affected by urban pollution.
- Propose and design appropriate innovative and sustainable preventive measures and engineered treatment methods for polluted landfill leachate, road runoff, urban stormwater and urban sediment.
- Present results and knowledge, obtained from case-study investigations and the scientific literature, through oral and written presentations, and critically review the work in a professional and qualified manner.
Link to the syllabus on Studieportalen.
If the course is a joint course (Chalmers and Göteborgs Universitet) you should link to both syllabus (Chalmers and Göteborgs Universitet).
Description of how the examination – written examinations and other – is executed and assessed.
- what components are included, the purpose of these, and how they contribute to the learning objectives
- how compulsory and/or voluntary components contribute to the final grade
- grading limits and any other requirements for all forms of examination in order to pass the course (compulsory components)
- examination form, e.g. if the examination is conducted as a digital examination
- time and place of examination, both written exams and other exams such as project presentations
- aids permitted during examinations, as well as which markings, indexes and notes in aids are permitted
Do not forget to be extra clear with project assignments; what is the problem, what should be done, what is the expected result, and how should this result be reported. Details such as templates for project reports, what happens at missed deadlines etc. are extra important to include.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of course schedule and basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the 'Edit' link at the top.